Driving efficiency and reducing costs
Process excellence or operational excellence is no longer to strive for, it is something which is a must-have for oil and gas companies. Oil and gas reserves are becoming more and more inaccessible as well as expensive to extract them from the ground. Technologies need to be efficiently used to maximise the returns of investment on them as well as ensure that the workforce is adequately equipped with knowledge and expertise to utilize these technologies. Margins of profitability need to be improved especially in the midstream and downstream segments. Operational efficiency is also about safety, both people and equipment.
Process excellence looks at all the strategies, mechanisms and subsequent technologies required to reduce waste and errors throughout a system. This reduction in waste or loss is directly translated in increased bottom lines. The concept of process excellence is becoming increasingly more complex and popular and is being implemented by all major industries where small percentages can have a major impact on bottom line. Several schools of management/thought are utilized in relation to process and operation excellence, with the most popular ones being Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, ISO 9000-9001, Kaizen ISO 14000, OHSAS 18001 (occupational health and safety) and Business Process Management.
IQPC is proud to organize the Process Excellence in Energy conference from 8-11 June 2014 in Dubai where experts from the oil and gas industry will be collaborating with operational excellence stalwarts to improve efficiency in their day-to-day operations and keep a control on rising costs.
- Learn to develop a structured approach to assess current operations and improve processes
- Handle new operational responsibilities in new business areas
- Introduce operational excellence technology to existing processes
- Innovate to grow talent, manage risk and improve operational efficiency
- Get acquainted with various methodologies that can be implemented in the oil and gas industry: six sigma, lean sigma, BPM etc
- Get to know different softwares and tools to help achieve process excellence
- Learn how to use data effectively for relevant decision making across all levels: Management, system and business
5 areas the event will focus on:
- Improving exploration & production and optimising assets with the highest levels of safety
- Building strategic competence management systems and data efficiency
- Optimising enterprise manufacturing solutions for the hydrocarbon industry
- Ensuring a reliable supply chain management and procurement process
- Determining improved practices in finance and HR
Who should attend?
- E&P Managers/Engineers
- Refinery Managers/Engineers
- Operations, Engineering and Maintenance Heads
- Safety Managers/Engineers
- Data Managers/Engineers
- Six Sigma Specialists
“Good platform to network and discuss with peers” Dubai Petroleum
“An excellent opportunity for exchanging ideas and transferring knowledge about an important topic”Saudi Aramco
“Great summit which provides key experts from various fields who share in-depth experiences from their respective fields” PETRONAS
“A vital forum for Middle East operators to share knowledge and common solutions” ADMA-OPCO
“Excellent boost in knowledge and experience sharing among peers and solution suppliers” KOC